A Family is Forever

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We're Still Alive

  WE ARE STILL ALIVE for any of those wondering. I have been HORRIBLE about keeping this updated! It started freaking out quite a few months ago and it irritated me so much that I have been avoiding it like the plague. I finally decided to try to figure out what's wrong with it and the whole set up of the website had changed. So now I'm relearning how to navigate through the website, pathetic I know, and hopefully I'll be able to fix whatever the problem is. In the mean time I'm going to get back into the habit of blogging and then that way when you CAN read this you'll have something new to look at. :)
   It's been so long I'm not really sure where to start. I've been taking a lot of pictures and videos so I guess I can just go over the past, what has it been, year and a half, (HOLY SMOKES!) so you can see Ashlyn and what she's been up to. Warning: There are A LOT of pictures and videos. Most of the videos are a minute long or longer. I just put them up because I think they are adorable, but I'm biased of course, and because I know some grandparents who would love to see them.

This is Ashlyn early May of 2011. She was always wanting to sit up and see what was going on but I wasn't about to spend $40 on a Bumbo to have her use it for a couple of months and then have to store it some where. This is what we did instead. We affectionately called it the "Hobo Bumbo." She loved it!

This picture is too cute not to put on here. Like father like daughter I guess. I love these two!! 

Here's Ashlyn sitting up all by her self for the first time.

Chilling with Dad. 

Going on a walk.

This one has a story. I put her down for a nap and could hear her playing and talking to her mobile, which happened every time I put her down for a nap. After a little bit she started to sound up set so I decided to go check on her and thank goodness I did because this is how I found her. He little legs flying in the air and yelling at her blanket. The blanket was folded at the end of the bed so to get it she had to turn 180 degrees, stretch to grab the blanket, and then pull it over her. At this time she refused to even roll so how she accomplished this is still a mystery.

Haha! Too funny. 

Silly face!

Playing with Mom's pant string during October conference. Check out her chunky thighs! SO CUTE!

Playing peek-a-boo with Dad's shirt during conference.

It's not a very good picture but that smile is too dang cute! I love this girl!!

Super cute hat we found. It's perfect for Rexburg! 

I feel compelled to put this picture on here. My hair was actually curly, which is extremely rare, and for about an hour or two longer than it's ever stayed before! I got my hair cut and styled for $8 at a beauty school called Evans. It's fun to do every once in awhile.

Ashlyn in her super cute ducky costume. And just so you know the tummy part didn't have stuffing. That's all  Ashlyn. :) 

Daddy and Ashlyn playing by the Christmas tree. She crawls, walks along the futon, and is super cute. Warning: it's pretty long and once again, probably side ways.   

This is Ashlyn in her new pajamas that she got Christmas Eve. It took her forever to open it and she was more interested in the paper, of course. 


We decided to get a nice picture of the temple up in her room. She LOVES it! Ever since we got it she would point at it and now she calls it, "Bemple!" She shouts it every time we drive by it as well, which is quite often since we live just down the hill from it.

Here is Ashlyn January 19, 2012. It was her birthday!!! I still can't believe how quickly time passes, especially when you have a little one. This is just a video of her opening her present. I would put the video of her "blowing" out her candle on her cake but the most exciting part of the whole video, and it's a pretty long one, is her picking up her piece and throwing it on the ground. She wasn't really into the whole birthday thing this year. Hopefully next year. 

Our happy girl. :)

"Ping" hair. First time I got her to hold still long enough to put her hair up. 

She LOVES to read! I tried loading a video earlier, but it wouldn't work, of her looking at her books when she had just learned to crawl. She has always loved to look at books and to have us read to her. Reading is a big part of every day around here. 

Eating yogurt with her Daddy. 

Cuddling with her Dad after a nap. I love this girl so much! This is what life's about. Becoming parents is the most amazing thing we've ever done. Spencer and I talk about this all the time. We're so happy that we decided to have Ashlyn when we did. She is such a sweet little person and has brought so much light and love into our lives. :)

Our little bubble head. :) She loves bath time! 

Sittin' in the recliner reading "The Cat in the Hat."

Just being cute.

Putting letter magnets on the door with her Marie. She got Marie for her birthday and loves her to death! 

Messy face. I usually don't let her eat in her Sunday clothes but she thought she was going to die if she didn't eat right away. She had a ton of snacks at church but it just wasn't enough.

We dyed Easter eggs for the first time as a family this year. Ashlyn almost spilled the dye multiple times so we had to confine her to her high chair. She still enjoyed watching though.

We know Ashlyn isn't allergic to bee stings, thank heavens. We were sitting out on the grass in front of our apartment under a tree. The tree was COVERED in blossoms which also meant there were about a thousand bees buzzing in it. We were having our lunch and there was a bee flying around. We shewed it away a few times and I thought it had gone. Just a minute later Ashlyn was standing really still and grabbed her ear. Instantly she started to scream! The bee/wasp (I'm not really sure which it was) had been buzzing right next to her ear so she tried to grab it. Luckily it got her ear lob and not her hand. She cried for a few minutes and that was that. It got really swollen but the next morning you couldn't even tell.

Ashlyn does this weird little run-around-in-a-circle dance thing and it cracks me up. I learned quickly that she usually does it when she's tried. The things kids do to keep themselves from falling asleep.


Playing with the magnets.

Finger Painting on the Mirror








It's WHIPPED CREAM!

"Sharing" Dad's popsicle.

Reading yet again.

She's got ham on her head.

Ashlyn and I fell asleep while we were waiting for Spencer to get home from setting people apart. Sundays are now busy days, especially at the beginning of the semester. Every semester the whole ward changes and the bishopbric has to fill anywhere from 20-30 callings.


Playing in the hamper with Dad.

This is a puzzle I got when I was little. She's the same size! Check out that face. Haha!

Reading with Dad.
   
   Well that catches things back up to speed. I'm pretty sure I'm missing a four month period though. I couldn't find the folder with everything in it. I'll have to find it and post it all later.